Quick Free Estimates - Highly Competitive Prices. See the cost of having a radon test or mitigation system installed.Read more
What to know about Real Estate and Radon Testing.
Real Estate and Radon Testing - recommendations and guidelines from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency are as follows:
- Do test for radon regardless of whether you are buying or selling a home.
- If you’re buying a new home, have a discussion with your homebuilder – specifically asking about what (if any) radon-resistant features were used in the construction of the home.
- Ask if the new home has been tested for radon, and
- Ask for a copy of the report.
- For resale and new home purchases: have a mitigation system installed for any property where radon levels test at 4 pCi/L or higher.
Radon and Buying a Home:
Homebuyers need to make sure that the property they are looking to buy is free of elevated radon levels. Whether you're looking at buying '50's Ranch' in Prairie Village, a 'Side-to-Side-Split' in Olathe, a Mansion, a 'McMansion' or a Frank Lloyd Wright home - you'll need to know that you and your family are protected.
- See our radon checklist for homebuyers here.
Radon and Selling a Home:
As a seller, it is important to not only present your home for sale in the clearest and most attractive light - but to remove question marks that a buyer may have about your home. Providing information to potential buyers may result in a quicker sale and may reduce your potential liability.
- See our radon checklist for home sellers here.
- - - - - - -
Experience counts.We've been testing and remediating radon since 1987. We look forward to helping you ensure that your home and family are free of dangers from radon.
Please call with any questions,
Bill & Robin Slentz
Mid America Radon
Mid America Radon Testing Inc. provides radon testing and mitigation to clients in greater Kansas City and the Midwest since 1987.
Home Office: Kansas City, MO
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8am-5pm.
Author: Robin Slentz (Connect at Google+)
Company Page: Find us on Google+
Highly-Rated, Certified radon testing and mitigation company serving Kansas City and the Midwest since 1987. Call now: 913-469-1997Read Testimonials
See EPA Guidelines for radon tests, testing results and recommended remediation measures, including state radon levels (maps) for Kansas and Missouri and the latest word from top health and environmental organizations about the dangers of radon, including comparative risks of radon exposure for smokers and non-smokers and info on radon and real estate transactions.Read more